As a contractor, your website is often the first point of contact for customers and an opportunity to showcase your work projects to grab their attention. At BANG! we have over 25 years of contractor website design experience building websites for contractors and we have a team of web design experts to help you not only look good, but rank at the top of the Google results as well. See the contractor website design projects below to learn how we've helped other construction companies, including demolition contractors
, Phoenix home inspectors
, general contractors, hardwood flooring
, garage door repair company's
and plumbers build a solid Web presence, and lead generation machine with our SEO for Contractors
Phoenix garage door installation, and repair company, Loves Garage Doors has an interesting history with BANG!. We built his new website & started our monthly SEO services, but they were lured away by a smooth-talking salesman before we could get them at the top of the search results. Next, they tried a Google Ads campaign which failed to get their phone to ring.
Nine months later, when their rankings actually declined with the other firm, they are back and with a larger budget so we can finish what we started, which was getting them to the top of the search results and the prospective clients flowing in for garage door repair work.
We are pleased to have them back to finish what we started.
Natural Swimming Pools is one of our contractor clients and came to us to redesign an existing site he had built with Wordpress and just wasn't happy with. We relaunched the site on our platform and straightened out the awkward navigational structure of the original site and created a site that showcased their Phoenix Pool Contractor skills to the max.
mobile responsive website design, we also rewrote all of the copy for the site for improved search rankings.
Arizona Hardwood Floor and Supply is the Phoenix Hardwood Floors specialist.
With multiple retail locations and a dedicated installation crew, they provide residential and commercial hardwood flooring, including sports courts like the Grand Canyon University basketball floor.
AZWood.com is on it's 3rd redesign and is one of our most highly ranked SEO clients, with more than two dozen keyword phrases on page one of Google's results.
Effective use of white space and a color scheme tied to their branding deliver a polished look.
Their gorgeous flooring makes it easy to create a beautiful website.
Handyman Solution in Phoenix provides a wide variety of handyman services including general carpentry, deck work, painting, stucco and drywall repair, to kitchen remodeling.
Our goal with the website was to create a clean site that very quickly visually represented the type of work they do to homepage visitors. While not a monthly SEO client, our initial keyword research, structuring of the site and copywriting drives plenty of targeted traffic from Valley homeowners that need help with a repair.
While this site uses an older framework and layout, we are still quite proud of the site as it achieved our, and more importantly, the client's goals.
It's easy to make a beautiful website when you've got great product images to work with. Such was the case with the Southwest Window Fashions website.
You'll note we used their photos full screen on the homepage slideshow to showcase their beautiful and wide variety of window coverings.
Built for expansion, adding new types of draperies as time and budget allow is easy.
Apple Plumbing Services, a Scottsdale Plumber, wasn't our typical client. She actually had experience building websites for other companies before building her own. Yet, her plumbing services website wasn't getting the results she wanted, in search rankings, and business generated. She had designed the site herself at the largest DIY website building company and domain registrar who happens to be in Scottsdale (you probably know who we mean...) and Google didn't like it.
We went back to the basics, conducted keyword research to find out exactly how her customers were searching for plumbing services, and then structured the site to be found. Since this was already a domain with lots of history, the site's rankings improved within the first two weeks and continued to climb as we continued content marketing with a Monthly SEO Campaign geared to produce results.
Six months after the launch, Joni shared with us that her sales had increased 440% due to the new website and our SEO campaign.
MBH LLC, a Phoenix based home builder came to BANG! to build out his custom general contractor website as he built homes and his business. His yard signs at the job site prominently feature his website address driving mobile site visitors to his contractor website for more information.
Site visitors can see both available floor plans and finished photos of completed homes that we've added to the unique website with our website maintenance plan.
Our website design uses an "Arizona Theme" since at this time they are only building homes in the Phoenix area and the finished website solidifies his image as a local builder.
Van's Hauling is now on their 2nd website design by BANG!. They provide swimming pool removal
and concrete demolition in Phoenix
, AZ & Casa Grande areas, essentially Maricopa County and Pinal Counties in Arizona.
The site is clean with a white background and easy to navigate with all of their services conveniently located under one navigational tab. The four-featured boxes are an efficient use of real estate and provide a bit of animation to add interest to the site.
After the website redesign process, they asked us to increase their budget for Google Ads and implement a monthly SEO campaign to improve their search rankings. The result has been increased visibility in the search results and higher numbers of visitors every month.
Is your website performing, sending a steady stream of potential customers to your homepage? As a contractor, you need your phone to ring. Not just today, but tomorrow, next week, and the month after. A solid contractor website and an SEO for contractors
strategy to position you at the top of the search results can be the difference between feast or famine. General contractor leads don't grow on trees, but we can deliver them via email. If you area ready to learn how BANG! can help grow your business, call us at 602-427-5626 or contact us
to get the process started.
Your Contractor Website Design: Make Sure You Include These 14 Items
The following aspects and technical issues play an important role in your website's effectiveness, and their absence prevents the site from being an effective online presence.
- Strong visual appeal with a home page that showcases compelling visuals. A hero image of some of your strongest and most enticing work would be a good example for a contractor business. Including people in the photo that are obviously loving their new kitchen or bath is a plus.
- Your phone number should be prominently displayed in the header and footer of the website. Don't make potential clients go hunting for your phone number.
- Your phone number should be linked with the tel attribute so that on mobile devices, making a phone call to you is as easy as tapping the link. You shouldn't have to tell a web design company to do this for you!
- Don't forget that construction websites' main focus must be getting potential customers to reach out so you can quote their project. Have a clear call to action like a "Contact Us" or "Free Quote" button that leaves plenty of white space around it and a color scheme that draws attention and encourages site visitors to click it.
- Your company name, or better yet, your logo, should be prominent in the header. In the footer of the website, include your company name, contact information, phone numbers, and any social media platforms you are active on. We no longer encourage putting those social media icons at the top of your website as we don't want to distract people and have them running off to watch funny cat videos on someone else's Youtube channel.
- You'll want to include your home improvement company's brand in strategic locations, even on simple contractor web designs. We also recommend using a consistent color scheme and company website design elements across all of your marketing materials to maintain consistent branding.
- In Arizona, it's a requirement that your Arizona Registrar of Contractors license number is displayed on your construction company’s website. Other states may have similar rules.
- Don't have desktop and mobile websites for your contractor business. That's so last decade, and mobile-friendly web design is a must. Make sure your construction company site looks great on phones by using a mobile responsive website design so phones properly render your contractor website. Best practices mandate the use of responsive design for construction websites. Google even recommends responsive design as it best uses a screen's real estate.
The benefits of a mobile-first responsive design can't be ignored, as you'll be amazed at how much traffic will be coming from mobile devices. You may find yourself showing off your home page and your company’s impeccable work for your construction business to potential customers at the job site.
- Well-written copy is a must for every contractor's business. You'll need to speak to your prospect's needs, avoid typos and bad grammar, and have copy Google will rank well.
- Don't overlook the importance of website speeds on your new website, either. The best site speeds are obtained by forgoing huge images that haven't been compressed for use on the web. As a business owner, it can be tempting to use large-high-quality imagery that will only slow your site down. Try viewing your competitor’s site and see how slow it is, and you'll understand why contractor web design needs to be balanced with website performance. Our understanding of technical issues on websites related to SEO is unequaled, and it will show in your results.
- Use a contact form to collect contact information from your potential clients, including getting their email addresses for follow-up marketing.
Publishing your email addresses on your construction company's website will result in you getting more junk emails as spammers will scrape your website and add your account to their systems.
Include your CTA (Call to Action) as a button as part of the navigation menu, whether you call it Contact Us or Free Estimates, make sure it's easy to spot for internet users.
- The use of an FAQ section provides reassurance to your site visitors that you are familiar with the particular challenges of their project and are technical experts as well. FAQs provide an easy way of putting aside potential customer communication pain points and provides lots of additional information people are looking for and content Google loves to see.
- Blog posts make an effective content marketing tool. We like to use our client's blogs as a way to target long-tail keyword phrases and get them traffic for very high-converting jobs.
- Customer reviews from prior construction projects provide social proof factors and leave a good first impression that you can handle their individual needs. Video content for reviews is great if you have people willing to appear on camera.
How To Choose A Website Designer For Your General Contractor Website Design Project
Regardless of which contractor web design agency you are reviewing, ask these common questions before choosing a website designer for your construction business...
Do they provide essential contractor website services, including website maintenance?
Do they offer discounted website maintenance plans?
Will they be responsible for ongoing website support if you need help with your general contractor website?
Will the website designer use general contractor website templates, or will they design you a custom general contractor site? Not all website designs make a great website. Contractor web design needs to provide useful information, and potential customers and homeowners need to find you on the first page of the search engines regardless of how much great work you showcase.
What does their own website look like? One would hope it's a custom website design rather than using WordPress website templates.
Does it feature examples of affordable websites for multiple types of construction companies?
Website design services, including website redesign capabilities and gold-star website maintenance, should be a given.
Do they provide marketing strategy and services like SEO / Search Engine Optimization, Google Ad campaigns, and other online marketing services so your website is found in the search engines?
Will they provide a free website review of your existing basic website?
If they can't answer yes to these questions, you're talking to the wrong general contractor website design company. At BANG! we see these items as the minimum requirements to be YOUR web design company.
People love our easy-to-navigate sites with color schemes that accentuate your brand. We offer competitive prices, and one of the great things about BANG! is we'll take care of all of your website’s marketing needs, from domain registration to hosting of the website. Bottom-line, we are an industry leader that delivers quality work on a consistent basis. Maybe that's why we have provided an online presence for each of our clients for an average of over Seven years.
Call us today at (602) 427-5626 to learn more about our website design services.
You may also want to review these blog posts for more information depending on the types of contractors site you are looking for...
General Contractor Website Design
Plumbing Website Design - Prevent Prospects Going Down The Drain