As we enter the New Year, it's time to look at ways to revamp your online presence and make a statement. From crafting custom pages with engaging visuals to developing comprehensive user experiences that are optimized for search engine optimization (SEO), the right Phoenix-based web design team can assist you in jumping into the new year with a refreshed website.
Website Design for Contractors
Nine months later, when their rankings actually declined with the other firm, they are back and with a larger budget so we can finish what we started, which was getting them to the top of the search results and the prospective clients flowing in for garage door repair work.
We are pleased to have them back to finish what we started.
A mobile responsive website design, we also rewrote all of the copy for the site for improved search rankings.
AZWood.com is on it's 3rd redesign and is one of our most highly ranked SEO clients with more than two dozen keyword phrases on page one of Google's results.
Their gorgeous flooring makes it easy to create a beautiful website.
Our goal with the website was to create a clean site that very quickly visually represented the type of work they do to homepage visitors. While not a monthly SEO client, our initial keyword research, structuring of the site and copywriting drives plenty of targeted traffic from Valley homeowners that need help with a repair.
While this site uses an older framework and layout, we are still quite proud of the site as it achieved our, and more importantly, the client's goals.
You'll note we used their photos full screen on the homepage slideshow to showcase their beautiful and wide variety of window coverings.
Built for expansion, it's easy to add new types of draperies as time and budget allows.
We went back to the basics, conducted keyword research to find out exactly how her customers were searching for plumbing services, and then structured the site to be found. Since this was already a domain with lots of history the sites rankings improved within the first two weeks, and continued to climb as we continued a content marketing and a Monthly SEO Campaign geared to produce results.
Six months after launch Joni shared with us that her sales had increased 440% due to the new website and our SEO campaign.
Site visitors can see both available floor plans and finished photos of completed homes that we've added to the unique website with our website maintenance plan.
Our website design uses an "Arizona Theme" since at this time they are only building homes in the Phoenix area and the finished website solidifies his image as a local builder.
The site is clean with a white background and easy to navigate with all of their services conveniently located under one navigational tab. After the website redesign process, they asked us to increase their budget for Google Ads and implement a monthly SEO campaign to improve their search rankings. The result has been increased visibility in the search results and higher numbers of visitors every month.
6 Items To Make Sure Are Included In Your Contractor Website Design
- Your phone number should be prominently displayed in the header and footer of the website.
- Your phone number should be linked with the tel attribute so that on smartphones, making a phone call to you is as easy as tapping the link.
- Your company name, or better yet logo should be prominent in the header and listed again in the footer as well. You want to include your home improvement company's brand in strategic locations.
- Speaking about a smart phone, make sure the site uses mobile responsive website design so phones properly render your contractor website. The benefits of mobile first responsive design can't be ignored as you'll be amazed how much traffic will be coming from mobile devices. For that matter you may find yourself showing off your home page to potential customers at the job site.
- Don't think you will have a main site, or full website, and a mobile site. That's so last decade. Use of responsive design for websites is even recommended by Google.
- Don't overlook the importance of website speeds on your new website either. The best site speeds are obtained by forgoing huge images that haven't been compressed for use on the web. While it can be tempting to use large high quality imagery, that will only slow your site down. Try viewing your competitor’s site and see how slow it is and you'll understand why contractor website design needs to be balanced with website performance.
How To Choose A Website Designer For Your General Contractor Website Design Project
Ask these common questions...
Do they provide essential contractor website services including website maintenance?
Do they offer discounted website maintenance plans?
Will they be responsible for ongoing website support if you need help with your general contractor website?
Will the website designer use general contractor website templates or will they design you a custom general contractor site. Not all website designs make a great website. Contractor website design needs to provide useful information and potential customers and homeowners need to find you on the first page of the search engines regardless of how much great work you showcase.
What does their own website look like? One would hope it's a custom website design rather than using WordPress website templates.
Does it feature contractors examples of affordable websites?
Website design services including website redesign capabilities and gold-star website maintenance should be a given. Do they provide Search Engine Optimization & online marketing so your website is found in the search engines?
Will they provide a free website review of your existing basic website?
If they can't answer yes to these questions, you are talking to the wrong general contractor website design company. At BANG! we see these things as the minimum requirements to be YOUR web design company.