Do you own an on-line store? Does your business website encourage potential or existing customers to purchase products from your website? Does your website encourage potential customers to contact you? If your website is not designed to be responsive to any device that can access the Internet (mobile friendly for phones and tablets), then I promise you that you are losing potential customers and bleeding money every hour of every day. Not to mention, that your website is being penalized by Google in the search engine rankings for not being mobile friendly, typically by using responsive web design, since April 2015.
How can I say this with absolute certainty? Easy, according to Statista.com, the number of people who access the Internet from their smart phones globally has increased exponentially in just the last 5 years, as the graph below demonstrates. There is no reason to believe that these numbers will level off or decline in the near future, we fully expect these numbers to grow. Additionally, according to Comscore, 4 out of 5 consumers regularly shop using their smart phones.
Three more statistics to consider:
1) 40% of people will leave a website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load. — Econsultancy
2) 40% of people will choose a different search result if the first is not mobile friendly. –Skillcrush
3) You have 10 seconds to leave an impression and tell them what they’ll get out of your website and company. After this time (and oftentimes before), they’ll leave. — NN Group
1) The number of people using mobile devices to access the Internet continues to increase.
2) More searches are performed at Google on mobile devices than desktop computers.
3) The number of people using mobile devices to make retail purchases also continues to grow.
4) If your website does not load quickly, or if it does not make a good impression quickly, people will leave your website just as quickly.
5) Unless your website has a mobile friendly, typically responsive design – you are being penalized by Google in the search engine results, and potential customers never see your site in the search engine listings because Google is sending them to a competitor whose website is responsive!U.S. E-Retail Trends:
U.S. e-retailers had another great year in 2014.
Web sales increased beyond $300 billion for the first time in 2014, ending the year at $304.91 billion. According to the U.S. Commerce Department, Web sales were up 15.4% from $264.28 billion in 2013. This is the fifth year in a row that web sales growth has been close to or above 15%.
If you've been paying attention, you'll also know that in-store, brick and mortar sales have had very low or even negative numbers over the last several years. E-commerce sales are the only bright light for retailers continuing to show growth year after year.
At BANG! Web Site Design, we completely understand the challenges faced by E-Commerce websites in particular, and traditional lead generation business websites as well. We know how to design your website to be responsive to all hand-held devices, and we know how to design your website to maximize its exposure on the search engines (SEO). BANG! Web Site Design will give you a lasting solution to the changing landscape of the Internet.