Designing a website for a bankruptcy lawyer is an important task that requires the right combination of creativity and technical skill. By considering all the needs of a law firm's web presence, website designers can create a website that meets the needs of both the lawyer and potential clients.
An example of many of the design elements discussed below can be reviewed at Pearson Law PLC of Scottsdale, Arizona
, a client of BANG! Web Site Design with a unique bankruptcy law website.
An effective website should be visually appealing, easy to navigate, and provide detailed information about the lawyer's services. Additionally, an attorney's website should be optimized for search engines, as people searching for bankruptcy services need to find the website using a search engine like Google. With careful consideration and a touch of creativity, website designers can create an attractive and informative website for a firm's website.
Here are six features, components, and design elements that make up an effective website design for bankruptcy lawyers.
A Bankruptcy Law Firm Needs Easy-to-Find Contact Information
Prospective clients needing bankruptcy legal services are probably in an altered state of mind and can be easily frustrated. Having to search around for contact information only adds to their frustration.
Position your phone number at the top of the page and provide colorful buttons that take them directly to your contact page. This information is also duplicated at the bottom of every page.
To make it easier yet, be sure all phone numbers on the website have a "click to call" capability. More than half of US organic search traffic originates from mobile devices, so having this feature eliminates the need to dial the number physically.
Be Visible on All Devices
Creating a responsive design
ensures that a bankruptcy law firm's website content is optimally displayed on all types of devices, from desktops to smartphones.
Being responsive means that the website you see on your smartphone is not just a mini version of what you see on your desktop computer. The design and development of your website are created in a way that adjusts every aspect of your website to be readable on all size screens and still easy to navigate.
Since Google controls over 90% of the search market, it is wise to follow its best practice suggestions. A significant factor in deciding what websites show in a Google search result is the user experience. Making your website responsive provides a good experience on whatever device they use. This leads us to the next topic.
Potential Clients Expect A Good User Experience
You have about 0.05 seconds
to grab a prospective client's attention when searching for your services online. A well-designed website's first pagewebsite’s first page must immediately visually tell the site visitor they are in the right place. So, along with making your website easy to see on all devices, you also want to make it easy to find what they are looking for.
There are several vital points to consider when designing a website for a good user experience.
- They are designed with a simple, intuitive interface that users can navigate easily.
- They are optimized for mobile devices, as discussed in the last section.
- They are organized logically, with clear menus and categories that make it easy to find relevant information.
- They are designed with a strong focus on usability, with features like search functions and helpful error messages to ensure users can access the content they need without any frustration.
Remember that your prospective clients are looking for answers. So be the one in your market to have the answers they are searching for.
Personalized content tailored to the ideal potential client needs helps create a strong relationship with your website visitors. Anticipate questions, or record common questions you receive, so you can offer answers using blog articles or on an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page.
A law firm site's blog articles can rank in searches as well, so this is another way your ideal new customers can find you.
Bankruptcy Law Firm Websites Must Position You As the Expert
Online may be your first opportunity to introduce yourself to your potential client as a bankruptcy lawyer, so it is essential that you stand out as the expert and show your law firm’s professionalism. Here are four ways to demonstrate your expertise online:
- Create high-quality, original content related to your bankruptcy process expertise that answers those anticipated questions, and post it on your website.
- Develop an effective search engine optimization (SEO) strategy to ensure potential customers easily find your website.
- Utilize social media to promote your website and engage with potential customers.
- Share content, answer questions, and comment on other people's posts to demonstrate your expertise.
It is always a good idea to include a trust badges section where you show and link to sites such as Avvo or Martindale-Hubbel. If you have a better business bureau review, be sure to include that and mention any star reviews from sites like Google, or social media like Facebook.
Referrals from past customers who have used your legal services are always preferred. However, it is hard to find a willing client to talk about bankruptcy with family and friends, or publicly, making your online content even more essential.
Creating informative content as a call to action is also effective. For example, it may be a list of questions to ask when hiring a bankruptcy lawyer, a short eBook explaining how bankruptcy works, or a simple checklist of things to remember during the process.
This process is known as lead generation. To download the quality content, a site visitor fills out a form with their email address which you capture into a list. You can then follow up with additional information, proving you are the best bankruptcy lawyer to hire. BANG's CMS (content management system) can turn any page on a bankruptcy attorney's site into a lead capture page which is a good website tactic.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Web Content For Lawyers
With the competition today, a bankruptcy law firm’s marketing content must be of high quality and relevant to your ideal target client. This is a significant factor in how you appear in search results.
Since Attorneys tend to be too busy to focus on marketing, that's where the comprehensive marketing services of BANG! come into play. Our experienced team can develop a digital marketing strategy and spearhead your legal marketing efforts.
We'll use topics such as the following to educate, inform and convince visitors you are the right firm for their bankruptcy needs.
- Sharing a testimonial of a bankrupt client’s story, anonymously of course, but it will send the message that you understand the client's unique needs.
- Video testimonials are great, but you'll have to have a client comfortable with announcing to the world that they needed your services. That's one of the cons of bankruptcy law. Clients don't want to share even when you've saved them from disaster.
- Recent legal decisions that will affect people always make great content that your site visitors will be eager to read.
- Do you offer an initial free consultation? That is certainly something we'll play up on the site, and it will be appealing to people in a financial crisis to begin with.
- Clear calls to action play a crucial role in great website design. Let them know you are able to help today and that they can get the exact type of help they need. After all, one of the goals of bankruptcy lawyers' marketing is to gain new clients.
- Do you handle corporate bankruptcy cases? If you do, the site will need to communicate that clearly.
These are just a few thoughts on the content that we will work with you to develop for your site.
Why You Should Work With BANG! For Your Bankruptcy Law Firm’s Website Design
We have touched on a few of the significant components of a well-crafted bankruptcy lawyer's website that will perform well and attract new clients to your law firm.
At BANG! Web Site Design we take a full 360 view of your business and your competition before developing the best strategy for you. Our experienced team of web designers and developers create your custom website to meet those needs. And you don't need to worry about being left in the dark. Our team is always available to answer any questions you may have.
Contact us today at (602) 427-5626
or fill out our contact form