As a garage door company owner, you spend your days making other's lives, push a button simple. Now, let us be your "Easy Button" when it comes to your website and digital marketing.
6 Reasons to Outsource Web Development
If you want to run a successful business, it's no secret that you need a substantial online presence. Your initial step in this process is building your very own website, yet this isn't as simple as it may appear. There are a lot of moving parts that make a website work correctly and development is more than just making your webpage look appealing to the eye.
Web development throws programming, debugging, user experience testing, mobile application development, and a variety of other disciplines to the mix. So, how do you decide which web development company is the best option for you or your business?
Don't sweat it! That's what we're here for! We will answer that, as well as the following questions, in this article:
- The importance of outsourcing for web development projects
- The main advantages of hiring an outsource team as your front or back-end developer
- How to get started with an outsource web development company today
Why Not In-House Website Development?The question is: "If I own a small business, am I really required to pay an outsourcing vendor for my web development projects?" The simple answer is no. The only real alternative though is for your in-house team to take care of the task.
For this course of action, you need to hire expert developers who can take on any project you throw at them, all with the average hourly rates of $140 at the least on payroll! Another important aspect to consider is how time-consuming the recruiting process can truly be. Even after vetting for core competencies and interviewing from a larger pool of talents, you can't be entirely sure that your in-house team is at the skill level you need for the job.
We would also like to note, that an in-house approach may be an adequate choice if your business is in the IT industry or is a software development company. If you are running a startup or you are a small company consisting of one or two people, outsourcing web development can also be a better alternative because of the lack of manpower.
Even several large businesses choose to outsource web development to this day. But, why? Let's get a little more in detail on why outsourcing is the way to go:
Why Outsource Your Web Development Projects?No matter what size your business is, outsourcing your web development team proves to be advantageous time and time again. Here's a small list of the key benefits of outsourcing your development projects:
- Financial savings
- Technical support
- Broader and stronger web development skill set
- Flexibility and scalability
- Improved security
- You can focus on the growth of your business
These are the primary reasons small businesses choose to delegate this important task to a third-party company. Let's take a look at some of these points in more detail below:
1. You Save Will Save Money and Time... If You Choose WiselyWhether you are a Fortune 500 giant or a boot-strapped small business owner, time and money are your most valuable assets. Around 300,000 jobs are outsourced by the US annually and the top reason for outsourcing is cost reduction, 70 % of those jobs to be exact.
For example, if your business is located in North America or Latin America, you can hire a team of developers from Eastern or European countries that work within your schedule and within your estimated budget. Because of the time difference, working with developers in different countries can be beneficial when trying to knock tasks off your project manager quickly.
You can have tasks completed and waiting for you before you start your work day.
Note: While lower budgets and having a crew working overnight sound advantageous, we've only heard horror stories of working with off-shore teams. Outsourcing to a U.S. based, and staffed, web development team will provide you less frustration on your projects.
2. You Get a Dedicated Team of IT and Development SpecialistsAs mentioned earlier, your brand's voice and its presence online are integral to its overall success. There is no room for mistakes and your website must keep up with the latest developer trends and web application features.
That said, it is vital to have a team of actual web development specialists work on whatever your project may be. If you plan on including some kind of special features, such as virtual reality or blockchain technology, finding the right team of developers may prove problematic.
If you outsource development, you can build a dedicated team of experts that use the latest tools and keep up with development trends.
3. You Get a Broader Skill SetWithin the industry of web development, you will find a wide collection of talented programmers with additional skills that span anywhere from web design to software architecture. It may prove difficult to find and afford such talent all in one in-house team. With the support of outsourcing your web development team, you will be able to pick from a much larger pool of skilled developers from all over the world.
4. Superior Flexibility and ScalabilityEach developer can work on a portion of the project independently, with a combined effort as the end result. Flexible workflow and frameworks allow the integration of additional technologies or ideas while staying on task.
The same can be said about scalability as well. If at a moment's notice you need additional developers to work on your project, your in-house team would need to have the manpower to do so. You would be required to recruit and train new people to scale up your project in this process. Outsourcing relieves you of this duty and can help you with the burden of laying workers off when you downsize companies as well.
5. Enhanced Security and ConfidentialityOne of the main reasons to go with an outsource company for your web development is the guarantee of security for you and your business. A web development company commits itself to protecting your company's project data and personal information. A signed contract or at least a non-disclosure agreement will also serve as an assurance that no information about your project will be leaked to third parties.
An outsourced development team will also have experience knowing what to avoid. For instance, while WordPress is a popular platform, it's also been plagued with security issues. Attacks on websites are a constant problem and an experienced web development team can head off a lot of problems as the build your website or application.
6. You Can Focus on the Growth of Your BusinessIf you hand development tasks over to a company specialized in such tasks, you will free up the time and resources needed to effectively grow your business. The web is no longer the wild west it used to be and if you want your business to truly succeed, you need to execute new ideas quickly.
When you outsource your web development, you’ll have the time to discuss the project with your marketing team and you can plan the ideal strategies to beat the competition.
The List Goes On and OnThis list is not exhaustive, but these are some of the eye-opening reasons most businesses chose to outsource their web development duties. Also, when deciding on a web development company for the job, a business owner must consider whether they will need to outsource a developer on the server-side of things only or the full stack.
"What is full-stack web development," you may be asking? It is the development of both important sides of a website or application, which are the client and the server. Let's take a look at additional tasks your business may need to outsource below.
What Development Tasks Do I Need to Outsource?To have a substantial presence on the web, you have to cater to all the elements of website development and design. The primary pieces of this process are programming, responsive web design, content creation, and of course digital marketing.
When it comes to content creation and digital marketing, SEO techniques must be used when developing content for your website. SEO strategy takes years of experience, knowledge of Google's algorithm updates, and the use of proper tools to make an efficient change in your website's rankings. It's best to leave this portion of the website creation and maintenance to the professionals.
Outsource Web Development Services TodayNow that you understand the reasons to outsource web development projects, it's time to get started with a web development company today that suits your brand's specific needs. With experience dating back to 1996, BANG! can assist you with most website development projects. We have backend developers, expert designers, and SEO consultants that can help you build and host a successful website.
Ready to hire your Phoenix Web Developer? Give us a call today at 602-427-5626 or request a quote online.
About the Author
Brian Rideout, Chief Pixel Pusher of BANG! Web Site Design is an industry veteran (sounds better than old guy right?) who started building websites in 1996 when dial-up, modems, Netscape, and 640 x 480 resolution monitors with 256 colors were state of the art. We very quickly adopted ColdFusion as our application server. We developed CMS (Content Management Systems) powered sites for our clients so they could update their own websites easily without having to pay a web designer to do so.
Times changed, Google became the dominant search engine, Adobe bought ColdFusion, and we switched to Lucee for our application server, which is an open-source CFML language server. We continued to build websites for small businesses in the Phoenix market. Brian's approach of SEO 1st Design has resulted in many businesses, particularly in the building trades such as contractors and plumbers, as well as law firms, ranking at the top of Google's results which keeps our customers healthy, wealthy, and profitable (you thought I was going to say wise didn't you? Ben Franklin's quote).
We continue to provide website design, website development, hosting, SEO services and digital marketing for Phoenix companies. More information about the company can be found on our About Us page. Click the following link for examples of our award winning website design work.